Dramatic Rights for One Act Plays and TheatreFest
Welcome to Tresona Music! We know that getting the proper music licensing for your play can seem difficult and daunting - we're here to assure you - it's not. We simplify the licensing process so that you can get back to what you love doing most. Over the next few months, we will be integrating the licenses you need into our automated platform. In the meantime, we're ready to assist you with obtaining complete music licensing for your show via email and phone support.
Overview of the Licensing Process
- Submit a request through this link. Be sure to answer all of the pre-filled questions.
- We will respond to you within one business day with a status update and your Request Number to use when contacting our Licensing Team.
- Once we have the information about the music in your show, we will take over from there.
- Securing proper licensing generally takes 2 to 6 weeks. A Tresona employee will keep you apprised throughout the process.
- Tresona will notify you of your request's final outcome as soon as the rights holders make a decision. At this time, we will provide a quote for the total license cost and give you the option to either go forward or choose alternate material.
- While a great majority of licensing requests end in an approval, some requests may end with a denial. This is purely up to the artists who wrote and performed the song. Tresona has no say in this.
We strive to make the licensing process as quick and transparent for you as possible. If you have any questions not covered by the FAQ below, please do not hesitate to contact us via phone or email at (888) 587-3766 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each rights holder is free to set its own price for their share of the song.
- In the case where you are using multiple songs - a higher price for one song will trigger that higher price for all songs. This is standard practice within the music industry.
- For example, if the highest-priced song in a medley is $100, each other song in the medley is also automatically set to $100.
- Tresona applies a per-song processing fee.
- License requests are free to submit to Tresona and free to cancel.
- Length of the licensing term (one month, one year, forever)
- Type of use (theatrical, movies, streaming)
- Any modification (medley, lyric change)
- Duration of song usage (:10, :30, 2 minutes)
- Geography (US only, World)